Friday, October 30, 2009

Christmas Crafts...the Beginning


I guess I started going on about Christmas a little too soon, because we have gotten over this whole fall thing and gone straight into winter. Here in Colorado we got a ton of snow dumped on us on Wednesday and Thursday. Some parts of Golden had two feet, and here in my parking lot there was at least a foot. School has been canceled the past few nights, so I've had some time to get my brand new apartment nice and messy with craft projects. I'm thinking Christmas presents already....
Amazingly, my work was not closed the past couple days. There are those few people who will drive straight into a winter wonderland to get some craft supplies. I picked up some supplies of my own to begin making those glass block lights I have seen all over. There are so many different possibilities! For my first attempt, I decoupaged some Christmas patterened tissue paper I had to the front and back of the block. This was super easy, since the pattern was already there, and super cheap, since I already have boxes of Christmas tissue paper laying around. (I have a problem with buying gift wrap paraphenelia.)
I have plenty of other ideas for the next few ones.... vellum cut with my Cricut in Christmas designs would be pretty, too. I've seen people make these for every season and they always look great. Here's my first attempt:

I got everything from my work, except the tissue paper. We sell the blocks that are pre-drilled, which makes adding the lights a breeze.

No comments: